Step by step video explains how to copy and paste text. If you are new to using a computer or new to internet marketing it is very important that you know how to copy and paste. If you are not sure how to copy and paste words or characters on a computer then read this whole article and watch the video. When you are done watching the video you will know how to copy text from one location and paste the same text into another location.
Copy And Paste Instructions Written:
If you are going to use a mouse to perform the copy and paste function it is as simple as knowing how to click the left button on your mouse and knowing how to click the right button on the mouse.
- First locate the text or characters that you want to copy and paste.
- Place your cursor just to the right of the last character that you want to copy or just to the left of the first character you want to copy.
- Click the left mouse button and hold it down. While holding it down move your mouse to the left if you placed the cursor just to the right of the last character you wanted to copy. You will notice that it is highlighting what you are going to copy. Once everything is highlighted that you want to copy let up on the left mouse button. If you placed the cursor just to the left of the first character you want to copy then you do the same thing but move your mouse to the right while holding down the left button to highlight what you want to copy. NOTE: See Copy And Paste Video above.
- While mouse/cursor is still over the highlighted text click the right mouse button. You will notice a drop down menu appear. On the drop down menu Click on Copy with the Left mouse button. Your highlighted text is now saved in memory.
- Go to the document, page, or website area that you want to paste what you have copied. Make sure that your cursor is placed exactly where you want to paste the copied text. You can do this by clicking the exact spot with your left mouse button or using your keyboard.
- Click the right mouse button and you will notice a drop down menu. On that menu Click the left mouse button. You should now have the text that you copied pasted where you intended.
If you have not already done so make sure to watch the copy and paste video instructions above for more detail.
If you like to use the keyboard more than the mouse or just interested in another method to copy and paste. You can use the mouse to highlight what you want to copy. Once its highlighted you can hold down the control key on keyboard while pushing the letter c. This copies the highlighted text. Then after you have your cursor where you want to paste the text hold down the control key while pushing the letter v. There are instructions on this in the above video also.
Knowing How To Copy And Paste Saves Time:
It is amazing how much time a person can save using the skill of knowing how to copy and paste. Yes knowing how to copy and paste using a computer really is a skill and a very important one if you do a lot of work on a computer.
Here is a list of some of the ways knowing how to copy and paste save me time and can save you time.
- I have several different advertisement copies saved on notepad files that I use for my online business advertising. Because I know how to copy and paste I don’t have to type out the ad each time I use a new advertising source. I just go open the notepad file with the ad. I then select the whole ad (using technique explained above highlighting it and copying it) and paste it into the advertising source I am using.
- A set of instructions has asked you to place a set of characters or code into a certain location. Rather than try to type out the characters or code it is much easier and saves time to just highlight it and copy and paste it where your supposed to put it.
- You have written some notes or a bunch of text into a notepad file and saved it. You now want to put it into a word file. To save time rather than retype it all you can copy and paste it from the notepad file to the word file.
This is a very short list of how using the copy and paste function can save you time.
May God Bless You.
P.S. If these instructions on how to use copy and paste have been helpful to you then please share and leave your comments below. I also encourage you to let me know if there are other things that you would like some basic training on. If you are working on building a home business using the internet you can find more advanced training at www.ultimateresidual.com.